Internal Recruiter / Talent Acquisition
About the role
In the last 9 months, the Mr Yum team has grown from 11 to 40 people in multiple regions with zero churn. We've built a talented team who care SO much, and attracted world-class talent from companies like Uber, Square and Google. We continue to dream, challenge ourselves and back each other.
2021 is about scale - we'll need to grow the team locally and overseas. As the internal recruiter you will be responsible for talent acquisition across our Melbourne head office, Interstate and remote teams. This responsibility is currently shared between the CEO and the hiring managers who will continue to stay close to the process.
Working closely with and reporting into the CEO now, and Head of People eventually, you will be responsible for the acquisition strategy as well as day to day operations. Simply put, you will be responsible for recruiting the most passionate & talented people, and help us create the optimal environment for each person to do their absolute best work!
We are really proud of the Mr Yum culture and have recruited many team members through internal referrals (unincentivsed). Here is our newest team member raving about his onboarding process on LinkedIn.
This is an epic opporutnity to keep the flywheel turning smoothly as we scale! 🚀
About Mr Yum - Recap of 2020
Hi, we’re Mr Yum 👋
Hospitality & entertainment are tough industries where margins are slim and even more challenging now through COVID. We started Mr Yum at the end of 2018 to help venues make the numbers work.Our product is a QR code visual menu, ordering & payment platform with options for dine-in orders, pickup takeaway and delivery. Mr Yum empowers businesses to own and understand their customers, increase spend and allow their staff to focus on meaningful interactions rather than transactional ones.
In 2020, we grew 25x, found product market fit, built a trusted brand and proved out strong unit economics. Read more at our Mr Yum 2020 Recap
With your help, we have ambitious goals to scale the business (locally & internationally!) this year by building the most beautiful, powerful tools for our customers. Our B2B customers range from national venue groups including Australian Venue Co, airports, stadiums all the way to boutique hotels and family-run restaurants.
Our team is made up of over 40 kind and driven humans working out of Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Eqypt and The Philippines. We’re hiring this role for our beautiful Melbourne HQ — where we’re enjoying a mix of WFH and time collaborating in the office.
Sold? Let us tell you a bit about the role:
- Understand our growth plans and build a talent pipeline algined with these plans for all function from software deverlopers to operations, sales and marketing roles
- Work with the CEO to develop and execute on a hiring strategy - from attraction and interviewing, to onboarding and employee experience
- Improve and manage the end-to-end recruitment process - we've done a lot of work on this already but it could be more consistent
- Benefits, reward and progression - you will need to make sure that our employees are rewarded fairly, and competitively, and that all employees can see progression opportunities, and their future at Mr Yum.
- Help the leadership team identify the unique qualities about every individual, so we can create an environment where they do their absolute best work! 💜
If we’d worked with you in the past 6 weeks, here are some things you would have been involved with:
If we’d worked with you in the past 8 weeks, here are some things you would have been involved with:
- Facitliated the hiring of 6 exciting new team members into software development, customer success, sales and marketing roles
- Worked with our CEO on a talent pipeline strategy leveraging LinkedIn, internal referrals and networks
- Helped identify talent and skill gaps in the team for 2021
- Worked with our strategy & insights team to figure out how/where to invest more time with venues to increase value per customer
- Worked with our CXO on our onboarding process - upskilling team members fast so they can be effective from day one
- Managed the process for hundreds of applicants who have applied for various roles over the last 4 weeks - we need help!
- Experience in an internal people role in talent acquisition, hiring across multiple funcitons of the business
- Ability to influence - a great listener that can influence at all levels from co-founders through to recent graduates
- Intellectually curious - one that can find answers outside of the team by reading and buildling a network of external experts
- You can delicately balance both the needs of the business and it's people
- A solid personal brand and network would be very favourable
- Experienced using LinkedIn recruitment tools
Nice to have
- Experience recruiting software developers - this would be very highly rated
- Been in a talent acquition role at a fast growth startup
- Experience with hiring teams from all around the world
- A stunning office space in Collingwood - 6 minutes drive to the city, 4 minutes to the Eastern M3 and 7 mins to the Monash M1
- An awesome gym in the Melbourne HQ with everything from a squat rack to bench and free weights
- A stocked drinks fridge, cracking open a beer on Wednesday is totally OK
- Flexible working times - most of the team start at around 10am but you can start whenever you want
- Flexibility on working from home - most of the team enjoy being in the office, our developers work remote and come in on Fridays. If you need to stay home to get some quiet time, that is totally OK too!