Senior Distributed Systems Engineer
About the role
This is really the bread and butter of our success, building a scalable distributed system has ensured we excel at serving our customers. Due to the nature of our business we experience Black Friday events every Friday & Saturday! Where we serve more traffic than the rest of the week combined! Some very exciting problems in this space!
About Mr Yum - Recap of 2020
Hi, we’re Mr Yum 👋
Hospitality & entertainment are tough industries where margins are slim and even more challenging now through COVID. We started Mr Yum at the end of 2018 to help venues make the numbers work.Our product is a QR code visual menu, ordering & payment platform with options for dine-in orders, pickup takeaway and delivery. Mr Yum empowers businesses to own and understand their customers, increase spend and allow their staff to focus on meaningful interactions rather than transactional ones.
In 2020, we grew 25x, found product market fit, built a trusted brand and proved out strong unit economics. Read more at our Mr Yum 2020 Recap
With your help, we have ambitious goals to scale the business (locally & internationally!) this year by building the most beautiful, powerful tools for our customers. Our B2B customers range from national venue groups including Australian Venue Co, airports, stadiums all the way to boutique hotels and family-run restaurants.
Our team is made up of over 40 kind and driven humans working out of Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane and The Philippines.
- Working with the API team to scale our api for 100+ million daily events to billions
- Ensuring that our downstream systems are designed to handle huge spikes in load
- Designing & scaling individual parts of our system to meet increased demand
- Engineering state of the art monitoring & alerting in a distributed system
- Mentor other engineers in your squad
If we’d worked with you in the past 6 weeks, here are some things you would have been involved with:
If we’d worked with you in the past 8 weeks, here are some things you would have been involved with:
- CockroachDB experience
- Kafka or similar event bus experience
- Good knowledge of gossip protocols
- Event Driven Architecture experience
- Systems Architecture experience
Nice to have
- Experience on working on large globally distributed systesm
- Ability to design & prototype large scale systems
Flexibility on working from home and working time - our dev team work remote :)
Our great Collingwood office is home to a gym, bar fridge and is just 6 mins drive from the city.