Onboarding - Integrations Specialist
About the role
An exciting time to join the Mr Yum team, we’re growing fast and transforming an industry.
Our integration specialist team takes care of the most technically complex part of a venue's journey with Mr Yuml POS integrations. At Mr Yum we integrate with 15+ POS companies, and this list is constantly growing.
The integration specialists are total technical wizards, problem solvers at heart and love learning about the intricacies of new integrations as they come onboard.
After a POS integration is set up for a venue, the venue will have orders coming through their POS and printing to all the right printers smoothly. Venues rely on these integrations to receive orders and for their team to operate smoothly and efficiently.
Alongside your tech savviness, as an integrations specialist you will need to have amazing customer service skills and be ready to combat complex questions and issues with confidence.
Operating in a small team, you will be working alongside an Account Manager and Menu Maker to get venues onboarded and operating confidently, while sharing insights for improvement and best practices.
It is a rewarding role when venues see real results because Mr Yum transforms their business, often making the difference of them being able to become profitable, remain open and thrive!
About Mr Yum - Recap of 2020
Hi, we’re Mr Yum 👋
Hospitality & entertainment are tough industries where margins are slim and even more challenging now through COVID. We started Mr Yum at the end of 2018 to help venues make the numbers work.
Our product is a QR code visual menu, ordering & payment platform with options for dine-in orders, pickup takeaway and delivery. Mr Yum empowers businesses to own and understand their customers, increase spend and allow their staff to focus on meaningful interactions rather than transactional ones.
In 2020, we grew 25x, found product market fit, built a trusted brand and proved out strong unit economics. bitly.com/mryum-2020
With your help, we have ambitious goals to scale the business (locally & internationally!) this year by building the most beautiful, powerful tools for our customers. Our B2B customers range from national venue groups including Australian Venue Co, airports, stadiums all the way to boutique hotels and family-run cafes and restaurants.
Our team is made up of over 40 kind and driven humans working out of Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane and The Philippines. We’re hiring this role for our beautiful Melbourne HQ — where we’re enjoying a mix of WFH and time collaborating in the office. Mr Yum is made with love in Melbourne, so this role will sit on the ‘Global’ HQ marketing team as we expand internationally.
- Working tirelessly to give hospitality and events clients an incredible experience with Mr Yum; ensuring their POS integration is set up optimally
- Thorough testing meetings/calls with venues to make sure their Mr Yum menu and their POS are working together perfectly
- Making sure venues understand how the integration works and feel confident making menu updates themselves ongoing
- Problem solving and documenting new findings for fellow team members to learn from
- (Alongside our dedicated support channels) acting as a key point of contact for our venues in the first weeks implementing Mr Yum and noting that the nature of hospo means this can involve after hours
- Seek ways to improve our team and processes, to help us deliver a better experience
If we’d worked with you in the past 6 weeks, here are some things you would have been involved with:
If we’d worked with you in the past 8 weeks, here are some things you would have been involved with:
- Care Factor. We’ve built our reputation within the industry on this; you’ll need this in spades. ♠♠️
- Technically savvy, problem-solving and ability to understand complex systems.
- A love for learning, ability to learn fast and support others.
- Great customers service and communication skills.
- Organisation & time management. This is a busy & high-paced team within the company.
- A love for problem solving, and action (getting sh*t done).
Nice to have
- You've implemented Mr Yum or QR Code ordering at a venue (this is a big bonus!)
- Experience working at a POS company
- Experience implementing a new POS at a venue
- Have worked with key accounts, within hospo or tech
- Past entrepreneurial or startup experience
- Strong grasp of software and technology (prior experience using tools such as CRMs, Hubspot, Zapier, Slack etc…)
This depends on your experience, but we’re proud to offer competitive salary with ESOP (employee share option plan) to all new hires. For the Melbourne team, our sunny Collingwood office is home to a gym, rooftop, 4 cute office dogs, stocked drinks fridge and the best new equipment to set you up for success. Expect autonomy and responsibility, solving problems you've never imagined even existed, at high pace.
Mr Yum provides 4 weeks paid vacation, flexibility to take extra unpaid leave, and day-to-day work times to suit your routine (most people start around 10am).
Diversity and Inclusion Commitment
We’re committed to growing and empowering an inclusive Mr Yum community. That’s why we actively encourage applications from applications from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. If you require accessibility assistance at any stage of the process, please let us know.