About the role
As one of Australia’s fastest growing and hottest young startups, we are looking for an organised gun to support the smooth operation of our office, team & culture, and be able to relieve our founders of some very crucial but time-consuming administrative responsibilities.
This newly-created and diverse role includes general admin support, office management, some customer support and the coordination of fun team-and-culture activities.
Your organisation, attention to detail, team-player attitude and people skills will be what make you excel in this role, and vital to the smooth operations of the Mr Yum team and HQ.
About Mr Yum - Recap of 2020
Hi, we’re Mr Yum 👋
Hospitality & entertainment are tough industries where margins are slim and even more challenging now through COVID. We started Mr Yum at the end of 2018 to help venues make the numbers work.
Our product is a QR code visual menu, ordering & payment platform with options for dine-in orders, pickup takeaway and delivery. Mr Yum empowers businesses to own and understand their customers, increase spend and allow their staff to focus on meaningful interactions rather than transactional ones.
In 2020, we grew 25x, found product market fit, built a trusted brand and proved out strong unit economics. bitly.com/mryum-2020
With your help, we have ambitious goals to scale the business (locally & internationally!) this year by building the most beautiful, powerful tools for our customers. Our B2B customers range from national venue groups including Australian Venue Co, airports, stadiums all the way to boutique hotels and family-run cafes and restaurants.
Our team is made up of over 40 kind and driven humans working out of Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane and The Philippines. We’re hiring this role for our beautiful Melbourne HQ — where we’re enjoying a mix of WFH and time collaborating in the office. Mr Yum is made with love in Melbourne, so this role will sit on the ‘Global’ HQ marketing team as we expand internationally.
- Coordinate creative team-and-culture related tasks and projects including onboarding rituals, special occasion gifting, Mr Yum merch, fun team-bonding activities, epic team parties and more!
- Be responsible for managing the office, answering the door, preparing meeting rooms, keeping our plants alive, keeping office supplies well stocked, but more importantly keeping the beer/seltzer fridge and snack levels stocked.
- Implement new administrative processes to ensure the smooth operations of the office, such as annual leave calendars, meeting room booking system etc.
- Manage email@example.com inbox to delegate or reply where relevant to customers/partnership enquiries etc, and investigate transaction disputes.
- Managing office improvements, new workspaces, office equipment and facilities.
- Be the office guru, energetic team-player, supporting the founding team as required.
If we’d worked with you in the past 6 weeks, here are some things you would have been involved with:
If we’d worked with you in the past 8 weeks, here are some things you would have been involved with:
- Organised some fun on-brand Christmas cards and gifting for key Mr Yum venues.
- Researched and sourced production of some cool Mr Yum swag that people actually want to be seen in.
- Been instrumental in developing an efficient handling process for transaction disputes.
- Hung out on the sunny rooftop at our Collingwood office, listening for the distant sirens at the G’.
- Impressed the team with 2 bowling strikes and 3 rounds in the dodgem cards at the Christmas Party!
- 2+ years working in a similar administration/coordinator/office manager role.
- Highly organised with the ability to multitask and work in a deadline-driven work environment.
- Keen attention to detail, and an eye for design is a bonus!
- A fast learner and ability to quickly adapt and pick up new digital tools and platforms.
- Ability to work autonomously and use your own initiative.
- Energetic people person with great customer service and communication skills.
Nice to have
Hospo/events experience is a definite bonus!
Great eye for design.
This depends on your experience, but we’re proud to offer competitive salary with ESOP (employee share option plan) to all new hires. Our sunny Collingwood office is home to a gym, rooftop, 4 cute office dogs, stocked drinks fridge and the best new equipment to set you up for success. Expect autonomy and responsibility, solving problems you've never imagined even existed, at high pace.
Mr Yum provides 4 weeks paid vacation, flexibility to take extra unpaid leave, and day-to-day work times to suit your routine (most people start around 10am).
Diversity and Inclusion Commitment
We’re committed to growing and empowering an inclusive Mr Yum community. That’s why we actively encourage applications from applications from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. If you require accessibility assistance at any stage of the process, please let us know.