Senior NestJS Engineer
About the role
Working on a rapidly expanding application is super exciting, in this role you will have the opportunity to work on an API that servers over 100+ million requests daily while utilising the best GraphQL API design practices. Want to help us scale to billions of daily requests?
About Mr Yum - Recap of 2020
Hi, we’re Mr Yum 👋
Hospitality & entertainment are tough industries where margins are slim and even more challenging now through COVID. We started Mr Yum at the end of 2018 to help venues make the numbers work.Our product is a QR code visual menu, ordering & payment platform with options for dine-in orders, pickup takeaway and delivery. Mr Yum empowers businesses to own and understand their customers, increase spend and allow their staff to focus on meaningful interactions rather than transactional ones.
In 2020, we grew 25x, found product market fit, built a trusted brand and proved out strong unit economics. Read more at our Mr Yum 2020 Recap
With your help, we have ambitious goals to scale the business (locally & internationally!) this year by building the most beautiful, powerful tools for our customers. Our B2B customers range from national venue groups including Australian Venue Co, airports, stadiums all the way to boutique hotels and family-run restaurants.
Our team is made up of over 40 kind and driven humans working out of Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane and The Philippines.
- Working with the API team to future proof our API design and contribute to a scalable architecture
- Pushing the boundaries of NestJS to build a globally scalable application
- Designing modular applications on top of NestJS
- Enhancing our testing frameworks & practices
- Mentor other engineers in your squad
If we’d worked with you in the past 6 weeks, here are some things you would have been involved with:
If we’d worked with you in the past 8 weeks, here are some things you would have been involved with:
- Node.js + Typescript experience
- GraphQL API design experience
- Experience architecting critical, large scale systems in NestJS https://nestjs.com/
- Deep knowledge of NestJS module system
- Experience with distributed systems
- PostgresSQL experience
Nice to have
- CockroachDB experience
- Good knowledge of gossip protocols
- Kafka or EDA systems
Flexibility on working from home and working time - our dev team work remote :)
Our great Collingwood office is home to a gym, bar fridge and is just 6 mins drive from the city.