Account Manager - Melbourne
About the role
It’s an exciting time to join the Mr Yum team, we’re growing fast and transforming an industry.
Our Account Management team is the go-to for venue partners - helping them implement Mr Yum to a high standard, and ensuring our venues and their customers are actively engaged with the product. You will hold strategic meetings with your accounts, sharing insights and best practices with them, always with the success of their business top of mind.
It is a rewarding role. Venues see real results because the product transforms their operating model, improves customer satisfaction and creates a more profitable business!
This is also a challenging role giving you the opportunity to work with many different types of personalities, while also leveraging your creativity to problem solve in various scenarios.
About Mr Yum - Recap of 2020
Hi, we’re Mr Yum 👋
Hospitality & entertainment are tough industries where margins are slim and even more challenging now through COVID. We started Mr Yum at the end of 2018 to help venues make the numbers work.Our product is a QR code visual menu, ordering & payment platform with options for dine-in orders, pickup takeaway and delivery. Mr Yum empowers businesses to own and understand their customers, increase spend and allow their staff to focus on meaningful interactions rather than transactional ones.
In 2020, we grew 25x, found product market fit, built a trusted brand and proved out strong unit economics. Read more at our Mr Yum 2020 Recap
With your help, we have ambitious goals to scale the business (locally & internationally!) this year by building the most beautiful, powerful tools for our customers. Our B2B customers range from national venue groups including Australian Venue Co, airports, stadiums all the way to boutique hotels and family-run restaurants.
Our team is made up of over 40 kind and driven humans working out of Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane and The Philippines. We’re hiring this role for our beautiful Melbourne HQ — where we’re enjoying a mix of WFH and time collaborating in the office. Mr Yum is made with love in Melbourne, so this role will sit on the ‘Global’ HQ marketing team as we expand internationally.
Sold? Let us tell you a bit about the role:
- Work tirelessly to give Mr Yum venues the ultimate experience; ensuring they are set up to hit the ground running and always have someone to lean on.
- Travel to strategic on-site meetings with venues
- Innovate & seek ways to help our customers grow and succeed
- Leverage data to help venues achieve operational excellence and grow relevant metrics
- Act as a key point of contact for our venues alongside our customer support channels - as this is hospo, this can mean taking urgent calls after hours from your clients
- Seek ways to improve our team and processes, to help us deliver a better experience
- Hang out with the best people in hospitality 🍻
If we’d worked with you in the past 6 weeks, here are some things you would have been involved with:
If we’d worked with you in the past 8 weeks, here are some things you would have been involved with:
- Care Factor. We’ve built our reputation within the industry on this; you’ll need this in spades ♠♠️
- A salesperson at heart, you love to inspire & influence, and share our vision for the industry
- Organisation & time management. This is a busy & high-paced team within the company
- A love for numbers. You don’t need to be an analyst but you should enjoy pulling meaningful insights to share with venue partners.
- Passion for all things hospo.
- Problem solving, and a deep love of action (getting sh*t done)
Nice to have
- Recent experience in management in hospitality
- You've implemented Mr Yum or QR Code ordering at a venue (this is a big bonus!)
- Having worked with key accounts, within hospo or tech
- Past entrepreneurial or startup experience
- Success working in cross-functional teams, hitting targets
- Strong grasp of software and technology (prior experience using Slack, CRMs, Zapier, Microsoft Word and Excel are a bonus)