There are a bunch of ways that restaurants can make their guests feel like they belong.
Here are seven, in honour of the "seven-layer dip"- a popular Mexican-inspired dish that consists of seven layers of different ingredients such as refried beans, guacamole, salsa, sour cream, cheese, and various toppings like diced tomatoes, onions, and black olives.
- Creating a sense of community: Hospitality brands can create a sense of community by encouraging customers to interact with each other and with the business. This can be done through social media groups, in-venue events, or other activities that bring guests together.
- Personalising the experience: Personalising the experience can make customers feel like they belong by making them feel seen and valued. This can be achieved by using customers' names, remembering their go-to orders (or just using Mr Yum data!), and providing customised recommendations.
- Providing exceptional service: Providing excellent customer service can make customers feel like they belong by showing them that the business cares about their needs and values their patronage. This includes being responsive to feedback, addressing complaints promptly and providing personalised service.
- Making them feel special: Special offers and discounts, loyalty programs, and reward programs can make guests feel special and appreciated.
- Building trust: Building trust with customers is key to making them feel like they belong. This can be done by consistently delivering on promises, being transparent, and being responsive to customers’ needs.
- Creating a welcoming atmosphere: Creating a welcoming atmosphere in the business through the design, decoration and team attitude will make customers feel comfortable and at home.
- Being inclusive: Creating an inclusive environment, where all guests feel welcomed, regardless of their background or identity, can help to create a sense of belonging for all customers.
By implementing these strategies, hospitality businesses can create an environment where guests feel like they belong and are valued, which can lead to increased customer loyalty and repeat business.
Want to hear more from us? Get in touch.