Leading hospitality ordering, payments and growth platform Mr Yum will join the world’s premier buy now, pay later product, Afterpay, to offer dining discounts at restaurants on Afterpay Day for the first time.
Afterpay Day is a global, bi-annual shopping event that includes deals and promotions from the world’s top retailers and this year’s event will be the first time Afterpay Day will include offers from restaurants, with a focus on at-home dining discounts.
Bargain hunters can use the Afterpay Shop Directory to unlock special deals for shopping sustenance from Scoopy Milk Bar, North Bondi Nami at Home, and more.
Awesome offers around the country include:
- North Bondi Nami at Home: buy two 500ml bottled cocktails and get free delivery
- Scoopy Milk Bar: buy one bingsu, get one 50% off (select times)
- Historian Hotel: spend $50 and get a free bottle of wine (select times)
- Vapiano (select locations): get 20% off the bill
- The Hof Downtown: get 20% off the bill
- Easy Times Brewing: get 20% off the bill (select times)
- Bar Pacino: spend $40 and get a free bowl of chips (select times)
- Santa Monica: spend $40 and get a free bowl of chips (select times)
Afterpay Day will be held over four days from Thursday, August 19, 2021.
Offering Australian diners more choice, Afterpay is now accepted as one of the payment options in hospitality venues across Australia exclusively via Mr Yum.
Mr Yum data compiled during a three-month pilot period of top venues including Vapiano, Manly Skiff and more than 100 Australian Venue Co pubs, showed almost one in two diners who ordered through Afterpay were first-time customers at that venue.
Top items ordered through Afterpay include bingsu - a Korean shaved ice dessert - pasta carbonara and the perennial pub favourite, chicken parma.